- After your payment has been made a download link appears on your screen. An order confirmation email is also sent to you with the download information.
- If you have not logged in to your My Secrets account before placing your order, your receipt and order confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you used to pay by Paypal or Credit Card.
- You may download your order from the on screen links or from the links in the email notification.
- Your download links are valid for one attempt only. You can request a new download link at any time from your My Secrets log in area.
- You will see download buttons for each item you ordered. Just click on each button to start the download process.
- Take note of the folder location you choose, so you can locate it again after downloading.
- After you are happy with the folder you have chosen, click the Save button. We recommend you always download your files to the same folder so you can easily find them.
Download Details Not Received:
If you don’t receive your order confirmation email with your download details, please check the following.
- Alternative Email Address – We send your order confirmation email to the email address on your order. If you use a different email address for your PayPal account the order confirmation email may have been sent there. This can happen if you are not logged in to your Secrets account when you place your order. Check both your Secrets email account and your PayPal email account.
- Spam Filters – Your order confirmation email may have been sent in error to your spam or junk mail folders. Make sure to check these folders, and that if you use a safe/white list, our email address [email protected] has been added to it.
Corrupted Download File or Cannot Download:
Occasionally, if you are not able to download your design, it may be due to an internal error we need to correct from our end. Just send us an email using our Contact Us link and we will attend to any errors as soon as possible.
If you have a problem with the design file you download it may be that the file became corrupted during the download process. The first thing to try is to temporarily close any antivirus program working on the background of your computer and download again. Request a new download link from your My Secrets log in area.
If you still have trouble, just send us an email using the Contact Us link from the top of any of our website pages and we will be happy to help.
For security reasons, each download link can only be used once. You can re-set the link so you can download again from your My Secrets area. Go to Order History or Purchases and click on the Request Download Link button next to the order or product you wish to download again. A copy of your download link will be sent to you by email.
Reset your download link if:
- Your first download failed.
- Your computer crashes and you lose files previously downloaded.
- You can’t find where you saved the downloaded files on your computer.
- You have a new computer that you want to download to.
- You want to download in a different design format.
If you are purchasing designs from Secrets of Embroidery, you can download them to your computer when you have completed the purchase.
Graphics files such as pictures and embroidery designs are large and because of this are usually transferred in zipped files. You will need to unzip the file and extract your designs before you can use them.
- First download the ZIP file
- Locate it on your computer
- Open it
- Extract the files
- Save them to wherever you keep your embroidery designs.
- The ZIP file you originally downloaded can then be deleted.Then when you are ready, open the unzipped design in your embroidery program, or send it to your machine for stitching out.
How to Unzip:
- Locate your downloaded zipped file and double click on it.
- When your files have been extracted, which only takes a moment, you can navigate to the the folder you extracted them to, and you will see the embroidery file and PDF file inside.